Never in my life I would thought that my love of fashion would grown on me. Living in London surrounded with shops full of fashion trends inspires me on how to style and dress up well. Every time, I go to the high street and shop for clothes, I don’t imitate the latest trend instead I follow my heart what I think would be best for me to wear on that certain event or occasion.
- Invest basic pieces in your wardrobe. Black and White color would be a great contrast, and always add a pop up color so it won’t look dull. Any colored shoes is a good choice. To look chic, never overdo with accessories, just wear a small earring, simple necklace and a watch. To finish the look red lipstick is your best friend.
2. To look more lively, don’t be scared of colors. This black and white small print of skirt needs a pair of any detailed top if you want to be more stylish. Pair it with the same color of your sandals or shoes in order to stand out.
3. I must admit I fell in love the first time I saw Culottes coming back in season. It’s such a cool vibe however be careful on what to match. I chose this cut out shoulder top from Oasis I got this Culottes from Zara last year, as soon as I saw it I knew I will wear it a lot and it will stay as my staple pieces in my wardrobe. I got two of this, a cream color and this black. You can either wear this with a high heels, ankle cut out or close boots, and of course a trainer for comfy purposes is advisable.
4. Tube top sometimes can be tricky to wear. Plain colors are more versatile to pair with blue jeans or shorts. Too much detailed on a tube top doesn’t accentuate your figure. For this look, less accessories the better.
5. Can you imagine if I worn detailed top to pair with this black shorts and red sleeveless cardigan, it doesn’t makes sense. So in order to caught someones attention or a crowd wear a striking color, you can never go wrong of red. Then wear red lipstick and accessorize with big bracelet and watch. This is your time to accessorize but never wear big chunky necklace , otherwise there’s too much stories going on your outfit.
6. Line pattern clothes is a good addition to your wardrobe. Choose one color from your pattern to pair as your top clothing. I chose white on this pattern to look fresh and simple.
7. Pair this shoulder black cut out blouse to a black short, then make a transition on your shoes or sandal. When you are wearing a flowery details on your top pick one color on it, for this look it can be a white color short too. Don’t choose for any other shades, it won’t look good anymore.
8. Why I love basics, because of this look if you don’t know what to pair on this skirt pick one of your brightest pieces in your wardrobe to kill this black and white monogram item.
Never be afraid of exploring different pieces of your clothes. Don’t follow trends, listen to your sense of style, be open minded. It doesn’t need to be costly in order for you to dress up, get a staple pieces that will held you in years. I remember I bought a black long sleeve jumper from Banana Republic four years ago and I still wear. I only spend more if I know I will use it for many years. Ralph Lauren cardigans and shirts are very reliable, yes it can be pricey but trust me the quality and the span of years you take advantage of wearing is price worthy.
High streets are very good and budget flexible. Zara is always on point when it comes to fashion trends, Uniqlo has a wide variety of basics, Topshop is your best buddy if you want good quality jeans. I only buy my jeans in Topshop and oh my goodness the quality is amazing! I have tried different brands but Topshop never lets me down.
Have fun with your sense of style.