Call me Anna, I live in LondonI’m passionate in creative writing, expressing my thoughts and voicing out my beliefs through blogging. Aside from that, beauty and fashion inspires me to inspire you and other readers how to be stylist through your own artistry. I also have a heart of travelling, appreciating the wonders and beauty of each country I stepped in.
Stopping by to my page is my pleasure.
Let’s be friends and share to the world that we bloggers are the creators and mind powers of this generation.
I didn’t realised that having a blog is like a relationship. You need to have a sense of commitment if you want it running. I just took a little break and so I sincerely apologised if I had not been blogging but my thoughts have been always with you all who reads my page across the globe.
I just renewed my site today, I have been contemplating if it’s still worthwhile to keep it. Every time I checked my email, wordpress kept on sending me a notice that it’s about to expire and if I don’t renew I will lose it permanently. The feeling is like someone wants to take a property of yours and I am not ready to give it up. I have a lot to share and I’m very excited to be back!
2016 was a year of travel for me. I visited a lot of places across Europe which was all done by random impulse. It’s good to take a break and feel revitalise from the repetitive lifestyle that we have. No matter how far or close the distance we take as long as we give time ourselves to breathe, it gives us a feeling of relief that there’s more to life than what’s on our plate right now.
2017 plans has already been organised, bit scary but let’s see how it goes. I have two trips coming this February and March. If you don’t follow me yet on Instagram, please do @kellydimp I use hashtag travellynea for all my travels and I consistently post my fashion and lifestyle.
So I have 2 lined blog post to come let me know which one should I post first. Updated Perfume Collection or another Travel blog? Let me know on the comment below and I look forward to be writing again.
People who knows me would probably laugh at me once this blog will be published in an hour or so… Some of my friends are my top critics when it comes to my shopping doze. For most of you who don’t know me, I am not a “Richie rich girl next door”, I worked hard for my things, and the story behind my realization about giving you a wiser tips for most of you who loves to invade the high streets and shopping malls starts here…my short trip to Korea back in 2006.
I went to visit my parents in Seoul, Korea last 2006. It was my first travel abroad on my own.. I fell in love of the city specially their shopping styles. Walking on the streets and taking their subway mesmerized me, Koreans know how to dress well, very trendy and fashionable. At that time, it certainly opens my curiosity about fashion and shopping..
Handbags caught my attention in their shopping center, it was very chic and varieties of colors excites me to own not only one but two or more… and my wish did come true… my parents, aunt and cousins bought me a handbag one each of them so basically I accumulated 6 pieces of handbags! I was so thrilled and amazed! I had to buy a bigger luggage to fit all these stuffs..
Looking back, those handbags were gone, slowly the skin was ripping off and it didn’t held me for few years..I was deeply gutted as I started to enjoy using it.
Here are my Top tips to your Shopping list:
1. Handbags – Do you know the reason why majority of the people invest in a good quality handbags? It is the long lasting use, that makes them buy although the price tags is over the top. Let’s say for example a Louis Vuitton handbag that cost £845.00 or a Mulberry that cost £450.00 If you think of it, our first thought we can’t afford because it’s a one off payment and it’s already a cost of your rent. However, if you are the type of person who loves handbags and almost every month you shop in the high streets due to different styles that comes out every season. If you add it up in a year, I bet you, you have already reached the same price of that classic, leather and never out of fashion piece that will held you for years…. and you might pass it on to your daughter if you are wiser on your shopping choice.
Therefore if you are the type of person who craves for a good quality bag, I say SAVE until you reach the price, go buy and never hold back, one day you will realize your money is all worth it. ( I do this for 8 years now, and it all works ladies..) I have a handbag that I bought last 2009, until now it is still intact and usable, never goes out of fashion. I got it for £545.00 and my recent check in the market, it cost £920.00. The value appreciates which is a good point..
2. Makeups – The reason why makeup industries are getting bigger and bigger to the point that every season new makeup comes out is because to all of You..makeup collectors. How many blushers and lipsticks should a one person own in their life? Do you really need to fill up your makeup vanity to the extent that you still need to order in IKEA another makeup drawer organizers and after that it’s a must for you to buy more because there’s plenty of room to check in all your makeup stuffs.
I am saying this by my past experience, now I have learned to minimized and de clutter. If you haven’t tried this yet, why don’t you start now! If you owned red and pink lipstick, you don’t need to hunt for another same color. As a makeup lover and user, pick your most loved brand and color and stick to it! Mine, when it comes to red lipstick( Nars Audatious Rita is my go to…) for pink (YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats 207) I still have varieties but I stopped buying for almost a year now. I realized that I don’t need anymore unless I finished what I loved. If you watch Youtube, makeup bloggers and makeup gurus does de clutter their collections because they must have realized that it’s not worthy to own hundreds…and remember MAKEUP does EXPIRE!
3. Accessories – Have you ever experienced to buy a fashion earrings, necklace or bracelet that cost less than £20.00 after a week it went tarnish and the color fades. I do, when the time I was a compulsive buyer. What is the point of buying those things if you are going to disposed it after a week or less than a month. Why not buy a real one. I mean, silver works does a pretty good job, quality will served you for ages and that’s for sure! If you can’t afford to buy a gold jewelry or a white diamond, I have two piece of advice for you. It’s either you Save or downsize to silver works.
Fashioned accessories are good in the eye, it’s good for a short term use or for some occasions. The question is, are you ready to dispose your money on that short span of time?
4. Shoes – You are allowed to have a couple of shoes that you wanted in life as long as you think you will use it rather than leaving it untouched on your shoe rack. I am guilty of these, I am always questioned why do I keep a lot of shoes under my bed…Why do I keep on buying if I never use it…well not anymore! I go for a comfortable purposes..If you work long hours, never ever deprive yourself to purchase the pair of shoes you wanted. You definitely need it!
Don’t be a shoe brand snob. Most of us only know Nike, Jordan and Adidas. Recently, I purchased a Puma Roshe type of trainer, I must honestly say that the quality and feel on my foot was way better than my Nike Roshe. The price point is half price cheaper than the Nike. Therefore, try to experiment and don’t just go on what is well advertised. Big brands do well on advertisements because they had invested already on their products while low good brands keep their name even not giving us a flushy market on the platform.
They say Shopping is a Cardio.. On my personal perspective, it is a cardio once you started giving yourself a time to decide which is more important and beneficial to your life.
Life is short, enjoy and have fun…
Disclaimer: This blog is not sponsored. Products mentioned above are my own preference.
Every woman has their own beauty secrets. I must admit that I started being conscious to my beauty regime when I was on my late 20’s. Looking back, I wasn’t very clever in looking after my skin. Hence, I developed bad blemishes, pimples and acne. As I go along doing my research, reading magazines and articles about skincare, I ended up realising the best and right way to achieve and enhance my beauty.
1. I know it’s a cliche but Drinking lots of water a day is very imperative to your skin. Keeping it hydrated at all times is the very baseline of your next beauty goal. I always have water in me whereever I go, I couldn’t live without holding a bottle of water. Next to my bed has always a 1.5 litre of water. If am at work I have my own water bottle and when I’m out I always have it in my handbag or hand.
The reason why it’s important is because water replenishes the cells in our body to keep it oxygenated and it removes toxic waste. Not enough intake of water would lead to dehydration, as a result your skin is prone to ageing. This leads to early wrinkles around your forehead, those cat eye wrinkle looking beside your eyes and a dry skin is an indication that your water intake wasn’t enough to accommodate your body.
2. Never go to bed without washing your face. Use gentle cleanser, if you have blemishes or acne never rub your face abrasively. I was doing this before and I did realised it made my skin more sensitive and worst. Here’s my skin care step by step. I religiously do this every single day and night. Follow this to achieve a healthy skin, it doesn’t need to be the same products, choose what suits your skin type.
I cleanse with Clinique take the day off cleansing balm then I wash with water and Simple face wash. Cleanse in the morning and at night.
After cleansing, I use Clinique Anti blemish toner. I have sensitive skin and my tips to some of you who has the same skin problem use toner that has glycolic acid this helps diminish blemishes and repairs the outer layer of your skin. Be reminded to use sunscreen as your skin is susceptible to sunburn.
Always use serum underneath your moisturiser. Serums are fast absorbing ingredients, they are more effective than your holy grail moisturisers. If you are targeting to treat your skin, invest in your serum that has the ingredients to heal your skin problem. I am a serum believer and I think it is one of the main culprit why my skin is healthy and less prone to blemishes.
Moisturise after serum all the time. This acts your face shield, always use moisturiser with sunscreen. Also, include eye cream in your routine to prevent dark eyes and wrinkles. I use Nuxe eye cream. In the morning I use moisturiser with SPF50 such as Kiehls and Nuxe. At night, I use La Roshe Posay. For more in depth head over to My Secret to Clear Skin
Never sleep with make up on. Be kind to your skin that’s the least thing you can do.
3. Use makeup when it is needed. I pretty much use make up everyday when I am out of the house such as when I am at work, meeting friends and travelling. My motive is not to hide my imperfections but to look presentable all the time. However, when I am at home I always make sure I give my skin a break to breathe which is a no make up on.
Always remember that makeup is an art. It is a way of enhancing your beauty. It gives you a feeling of self esteem and a feeling of joy whenever you are having an alone time applying your makeup.
4. Dress appropriately. To build that confidence to yourself always consider your outlook. I always noticed that a pretty face who doesn’t know how to dress accordingly needs to be reminded the proper way to dress up.
Be kind to yourself, how you clothe gives an instant first impression to someones eye. I always have this attitude that I give my first impression to a person on how he dressed up. I am always impressed when someone looks after himself through the clothes he wear. Choose clothes that suits your body type. Check my recent blog Tips on Fashion Style
5. Always seek for your own peace and happiness. Beauty radiates within your soul. You cannot portray your real image if you are disturbed. Hence give yourself a clear out, free from stress, go and see places, meet your friends and do things that will inspire you to live.
Beauty is not just all about the outer aspect of yourself. Having a peace of mind and heart, everything will fall into a beautiful YOU.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog. My goal is to share my experience and touch someones heart to be informed that everything has a way out if you are trapped to your present condition.
If you have questions and suggestions, feel free to comment below.
Majority of my friends aren’t bloggers hence they don’t have an access to spread this blog so if you are a blogger reading this please share to your social media, it’s a way of helping others not for my own sake. It will be very much appreciated.
At this time of the year, Spring has always been my favourite season to glam up and splurge for makeup. There is something about Spring that makes me want to explore different colours and looks.
For my base, I have been using Dior Star Foundation for about 3 years now. I have tried and tested all kinds of foundation and Dior Star is the only one that compliments my skin and it really does what it says, it last for 8 hours or so. I have a combination of dry and oily skin, the application is really easy, I used beauty blender instead of face brush. What makes me want more of this base is the SPF 30 in it plus the long wear effect.
For my concealer, Bourjois Healthy Mix recently is making my under eyes covered up pretty well. I had this in my makeup drawer for couple of months now and ignored for quite a while. I had forgotten how amazing is the consistency and won’t make your eyes cakey.
My eyeshadow primer potion from Urban Decay is hands down the best. My eyeshadow last for a long day, no crease and it makes the eyeshadow application smoother and easier to blend. Another advantage of this primer, it has anti aging ingredients. If you can get 2 in 1 benefits of your makeup, that’s genius!
I always keep on coming back using my Mac Gentle Mineralise Blush and Clinique 02 Peach Pop. I am obsessed of these colours and the quality is brilliant!
Tartelette Tease eyeshadow is the no.1 hype up makeup here in the UK. It is not easy to get hold of this brand as it wasn’t available yet. A good friend of mine who lives in New York kindly give this with me. I do understand now why makeup lovers were swearing about this. The consistency is to die for and very easy to apply. It is a long lasting eyeshadow.
Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soleil Bronzer is a must, who doesn’t right? As much as everybody loves a good bronzer, I am indeed becoming an advocate too. My makeup isn’t complete without this beauty. For me applying bronzer is an art, you can create different looks and style. I love this product a lot!
I don’t need too much highlighter in my life, Mary-Lou Manizer is such a great product that everyone must try. My words can’t express how much this makes your makeup glorious and luminous. Check out my Instagram @kellydimple05 for different looks I created from this product and all the products I have mentioned.
YSL Rouge Volupte is what I wear during the day and at night I switch to Clinique Cherry Pop. If I wanted to put a lipgloss, I used Loreal Paris 505 (Never Let Me Go).
I am now a covert of my Mascara, YSL does a very good job in creating a good quality that gives an intense volume. You don’t need a fake eyelashes to highlight your eyes. The price might be a turn down in comparison to drugstore mascara. If you can give this beauty a chance, you might convert totally.
Leave me a comments below, what’s your Holy grail Spring Makeup. For more of the looks, Visit and add me on my Instagram @kellydimple05