Every woman has their own beauty secrets. I must admit that I started being conscious to my beauty regime when I was on my late 20’s. Looking back, I wasn’t very clever in looking after my skin. Hence, I developed bad blemishes, pimples and acne. As I go along doing my research, reading magazines and articles about skincare, I ended up realising the best and right way to achieve and enhance my beauty.
1. I know it’s a cliche but Drinking lots of water a day is very imperative to your skin. Keeping it hydrated at all times is the very baseline of your next beauty goal. I always have water in me whereever I go, I couldn’t live without holding a bottle of water. Next to my bed has always a 1.5 litre of water. If am at work I have my own water bottle and when I’m out I always have it in my handbag or hand.
The reason why it’s important is because water replenishes the cells in our body to keep it oxygenated and it removes toxic waste. Not enough intake of water would lead to dehydration, as a result your skin is prone to ageing. This leads to early wrinkles around your forehead, those cat eye wrinkle looking beside your eyes and a dry skin is an indication that your water intake wasn’t enough to accommodate your body.
2. Never go to bed without washing your face. Use gentle cleanser, if you have blemishes or acne never rub your face abrasively. I was doing this before and I did realised it made my skin more sensitive and worst. Here’s my skin care step by step. I religiously do this every single day and night. Follow this to achieve a healthy skin, it doesn’t need to be the same products, choose what suits your skin type.
I cleanse with Clinique take the day off cleansing balm then I wash with water and Simple face wash. Cleanse in the morning and at night.
After cleansing, I use Clinique Anti blemish toner. I have sensitive skin and my tips to some of you who has the same skin problem use toner that has glycolic acid this helps diminish blemishes and repairs the outer layer of your skin. Be reminded to use sunscreen as your skin is susceptible to sunburn.
Always use serum underneath your moisturiser. Serums are fast absorbing ingredients, they are more effective than your holy grail moisturisers. If you are targeting to treat your skin, invest in your serum that has the ingredients to heal your skin problem. I am a serum believer and I think it is one of the main culprit why my skin is healthy and less prone to blemishes.
Moisturise after serum all the time. This acts your face shield, always use moisturiser with sunscreen. Also, include eye cream in your routine to prevent dark eyes and wrinkles. I use Nuxe eye cream. In the morning I use moisturiser with SPF50 such as Kiehls and Nuxe. At night, I use La Roshe Posay. For more in depth head over to My Secret to Clear Skin
Never sleep with make up on. Be kind to your skin that’s the least thing you can do.
3. Use makeup when it is needed. I pretty much use make up everyday when I am out of the house such as when I am at work, meeting friends and travelling. My motive is not to hide my imperfections but to look presentable all the time. However, when I am at home I always make sure I give my skin a break to breathe which is a no make up on.
Always remember that makeup is an art. It is a way of enhancing your beauty. It gives you a feeling of self esteem and a feeling of joy whenever you are having an alone time applying your makeup.
4. Dress appropriately. To build that confidence to yourself always consider your outlook. I always noticed that a pretty face who doesn’t know how to dress accordingly needs to be reminded the proper way to dress up.
Be kind to yourself, how you clothe gives an instant first impression to someones eye. I always have this attitude that I give my first impression to a person on how he dressed up. I am always impressed when someone looks after himself through the clothes he wear. Choose clothes that suits your body type. Check my recent blog Tips on Fashion Style
5. Always seek for your own peace and happiness. Beauty radiates within your soul. You cannot portray your real image if you are disturbed. Hence give yourself a clear out, free from stress, go and see places, meet your friends and do things that will inspire you to live.
Beauty is not just all about the outer aspect of yourself. Having a peace of mind and heart, everything will fall into a beautiful YOU.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog. My goal is to share my experience and touch someones heart to be informed that everything has a way out if you are trapped to your present condition.
If you have questions and suggestions, feel free to comment below.
Majority of my friends aren’t bloggers hence they don’t have an access to spread this blog so if you are a blogger reading this please share to your social media, it’s a way of helping others not for my own sake. It will be very much appreciated.
Check out my Instagram @kellydimple05